Sunday, June 20, 2010

How do I successfully spike my 16-month-old son's hair into a mohawk? (read, trust me, I'm

I want to take my son for a picture for his dad for father's day. His daddy thinks he is the cutest ever, no matter what, and he loves hilarious pictures so I want to take him and have his hair spiked like a mohawk and be holding a guitar or something wearing only jeans. Doesn't that sound cute?! My son has straight/slightly wavy hair on top, but around the sides and back it is totally curly ringlets. I've never cut his hair, so there is a lot to work with and it is totally baby fine. My problem is things like gel are too heavy for his hair and the mohawk curls, and mousse isn't strong enough. I don't want to douse his head in hairspray and whatever I do it has to be at the studio. Help! Please and thank you in advance for answering my crazy question!



How do I successfully spike my 16-month-old son's hair into a mohawk? (read, trust me, I'm not crazy...)

Well if you were doing a true mohawk you'd have to shave off the sides. What you're looking for is more of a fohawk ^.~



Since his hair is baby fine, it will be incredibly hard for you to do this without hairspray. Here's a trick, though, so you won't have to use an entire can of hairpray. First thing you will want to do is run a flat iron through his hair. You should put a light styling product in it so that the heat doesn't burn his hair ('silk therapy' works really well). Once that's done, spray his hair with hairspray at the base, working your way down the length of the hair only a little until it's somewhat stiff. This will allow you to style his hair properly. Next, grab a brush with hard bristles and backbrush the heck out of that hair along the base. This will ensure that the hair will stick straight up. Next, lightly comb the hair upwards. You'll have to be careful to not disturb the backbrushing that you have done. Here you should start spraying it lightly with hairspray again until you get it standing up. Also something that helps is clipping the hair with bobby pins or hair pins at the very base of the mohawk itself so that the rest of the hair will lie flat to the head. You'll be able to take the pins out later on once you're done and the hair will still stay the way you placeced it. If you want a really firm hold you should get spray in hair wax. Only use this at the end of your styling process because once it's in, that hair is not gonna go anywhere. The 'Bed Head' product line is the best for this. Most of their products are made specifically for punk type hairstyles and it is a professional product. Also, you can grab a spray in crazy color like blue or red and add that in there for a crazier effect. Good luck with it!



~*~firedhel~*~



How do I successfully spike my 16-month-old son's hair into a mohawk? (read, trust me, I'm not crazy...)

spiker has colored hair gel that works great.



matching sunglasses and he's good to go!



the trick is to shampoo his hair early in the day and use the gel a few hours later (after it's dry and a bit 'used')



How do I successfully spike my 16-month-old son's hair into a mohawk? (read, trust me, I'm not crazy...)

I hear shaving cream works pretty well to mold hair. I am unsure about how damaging or not damaging it is to hair. Just thought it might be something you could further look into.



How do I successfully spike my 16-month-old son's hair into a mohawk? (read, trust me, I'm not crazy...)

try watered down gel. like wet his hair and don't wipe you hand from the water just put gel on the wet hand and put it in that you don't weight down the cute thin hair



How do I successfully spike my 16-month-old son's hair into a mohawk? (read, trust me, I'm not crazy...)

Have you tried hair wax? It would be strong enough to get his baby hair to stick up, but not as stiff as gel.



How do I successfully spike my 16-month-old son's hair into a mohawk? (read, trust me, I'm not crazy...)

Try a pomade or hair wax. They are good and sticky for that fine hair and you can use them on dry hair in the studio.



How do I successfully spike my 16-month-old son's hair into a mohawk? (read, trust me, I'm not crazy...)

Well,



the problem your running into isn't that you can't do it.. it's that you don't want to use the product (hairspray) that will get the effect you want...



The BEST I have ever found for spiking hair.. is called



got2b glued blasting freeze spray made by Schwarzkopf



You can buy it at walmart in the hairspray section it comes in a bottle that looks like a fire extinguisher it is a yellow can with a silver top nozzle..



It is made specifically for spike, cement and finsihing the wild hairstyles!



It brushes out and washes out easily.



So.. there ya go.. a solution...



but one you don't seem to like as you say you don't want to use hairspray but that's what works!



How do I successfully spike my 16-month-old son's hair into a mohawk? (read, trust me, I'm not crazy...)

i have an 8 month old and i like the punk rock look too and i like to use to spike his hair up just a litlle bit of wax and it will keep on place. I i hope it works for him!!!



How do I successfully spike my 16-month-old son's hair into a mohawk? (read, trust me, I'm not crazy...)

Redken has a gel that is called urban experiment 26 enamel gel. It is a very hard hold gel that will hold almost any style that you could try for, try it on damp, almost dry hair, it dries really fast so you want to be pretty quick when applying, get a fair amount in your hand before you start and start your mohawk "motion" .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit union